What’s Acne? It's a chronic inflammatory skin disorder of the sebaceous glands that is characterized by comedones and blemishes.
What causes acne? A number of factors increase oil production and lead to acne. These include: Hormones, stress, medicines you take such as contraceptives, antidepressants, B vitamins, and corticosteroids
10 Step Regiment to Beat Acne:
- Achieve Drastic results within 4-6 weeks following these simple steps:Use A mild exfoliating cleanser preferably with BHA (2% salicylic) twice a day.
- Exfoliate with AHA and BHA exfoliating masks twice a week (Enzyme masks (fruit derived such as pumpkin, papaya, berries, etc.} are beneficial to remove dead skin cells and de-congest the pores giving your skin fresh clean complexion.
- Using clay/mud base masks used 2-3 times a week to draw out impurities and excess sebum, minimize the appearance of pores and balance the PH of the skin preventing excess oil production and congestion of pores.
- Using Mild BHA or AHA base toners twice a day to balance the PH of the acid mantle which is the natural oil barrier of our skin determined by our skin type- for example in oily type skin the pores produce excess oil causing skin to oily therefore more acidic)- maintaining a healthy PH is important in the appearance of skin.
- Using vitamin A, C, B3 serums or concentrate is highly beneficial to repair sun damage and scars, Serums should be used every night after cleansing and toning of the skin.
- Collagen and peptides serums are also essential in the skin’s ability to regenerate and should be used 2-3 times per week.
- Keep skin hydrated using water-based moisturizers twice a day after toning or applying serums. Oil free products are for keeping skin hydrated without clogging the pores (aloe base products, hyaluronic acid serum)
- Using anti-inflammatory ingredients serums or spot treatments 3-4 times a week such as turmeric, maracuja Oil, tea tree oil, aloe vera, centella asiatica, green tea, licorice root and witch hazel.
- Use high frequency machine to disinfect and oxygenate your skin to fight acne and blemishes over your weekly clay or mud mask 2-3 time per week.
- One of the most important steps to prevent future acne scars and brown spots is to use proper amount of sunscreen 7 days a week.
More Natural acne remedies:
Salicylic Acid, aloe Vera, azelaic acid, green tea extract, tea tree oil, zinc, witch hazel For more severe acne, or if over-the-counter acne remedies don’t work, see a dermatologist. You may need a prescription-strength acne treatment, such as: antibiotic gels, creams, lotions, or pills, benzoyl peroxide, cream or oral retinoids.
Acne prone skin need or more severe acne, or if over-the-counter acne remedies don’t work, see a dermatologist. You may need a prescription-strength acne treatment, such as: antibiotic gels, creams, lotions, or pills, benzoyl peroxide, cream or oral retinoids.